A perfect, juicy Baked Chicken Breast recipe topped with crispy panko-parmesan crumbs are flavorful and delicious!
Baked Chicken Breasts
The secret to making these Baked Chicken Breasts super juicy is brining the chicken in saltwater and spreading a little mayo on the chicken before baking (trust me!). It’s then topped with a little panko and parmesan for a tasty chicken dinner the whole family will love! If you want more healthy baked chicken breast recipes, try this Baked Chicken Parmesan or Chicken Rollatini.
This oven-baked chicken reminds me of Shake and Bake but in a good way. I discovered Shake and Bake, or maybe it was Oven Fry when my parent’s friend invited me over for dinner as a kid. My parents never cooked from packages so it was my first time trying it, and I loved it. Here, I use mayo to help the “shake and bake” panko mixture stick to the chicken. And instead of breading the whole chicken breast, I just bread the top, which makes it super easy.
What is the best way to brine chicken breasts?
If you’ve never brined chicken before, it’s easier than you may think! Brining is the process of letting meat sit in saltwater to tenderize it.
1. To make the brine, stir a quarter cup of salt into six cups of water.
2. Add your chicken and refrigerate for an hour or two.
3. Once the time is up, remove the chicken from the water, pat dry with paper towels, and pour out the water.
How long does it take to bake chicken breasts?
I bake these chicken breasts in the oven at 425 degrees for 24 to 28 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken. I always recommend checking the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. Once it reaches 165 degrees, it’s ready.
- Protein: Swap the boneless skinless chicken breasts for bone-in ones or pork chops. Cooking times will vary, so just keep an eye on it and
periodically check the temperature.
- Spices: Play around with the spice mixture to switch up the flavors. You could add chili or onion powder or omit any spices that you don’t have.
More Baked Chicken Breast Recipes You’ll Love:
Baked Chicken Breasts
Perfect, juicy Baked Chicken Breasts topped with crispy panko-parmesan crumbs are flavorful and delicious!
- 4 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts , preferably organic
- kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs, OR gluten free pankp
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of water and add 1/4 cup Diamond Crystal kosher salt, stir to dissolve.
Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 hour, or up to 2 to brine.
Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water.
Preheat oven 425F degrees. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with olive oil.
In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Rub the spice mix over the chicken and transfer to the baking dish.
Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the top of each breast then sprinkle with panko and Parmesan. Spray the top with olive oil spray.
Bake until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees, 24-27 minutes.
While the chicken bakes, slice lemon into wedges and serve with chicken.
You can brine ahead and drain, refrigerate overnight if needed before baking.
Serving: 1breast, Calories: 271kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 40g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 129mg, Sodium: 170mg, Sugar: 0.5g
Keywords: baked chicken breasts, juicy baked chicken breasts