Healthy Shakshuka – Enjoy the tastiest Israeli treat in your daily morning dish, low calories and high in protein! Only 355 Calories per serving, and takes only 15 minutes to make!
Making Time: 15 Minutes.
355 calories per serving(710 Calories/2 Serving total)
Protein 16.5g/0.6oz per serving(33g/1.1oz total)
Fats 21g/0.75oz per serving(42g/1.5oz total)
Carbohydrates 25g/0.88oz per serving(50g/1.76oz total)
4 Small tomatoes (400 gram/14oz)
2 Big bell peppers(300 gram/10.5oz)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Medium eggs
4 Garlic cloves
3 Tablespoons ketchup (50 gram/1.7oz)
Sweet paprika 1 teaspoon
Spicy paprika 1 teaspoon
1. Heat the olive oil over low heat.
2. Take the red pepper and chop it into small cubes as well as the tomatoes, we stir the red pepper on low heat for 5-7 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
3. After the tomatoes received their mushy shape, we add the chopped garlic, paprika, and the salt & pepper.
4. We stir for another minute or two and add the 3 tablespoons of Ketchup.
5. Another two minutes on low heat, until a little bit of the moisture vaporized and then we add the eggs.
6. While the eggs cook. We mix some of the white parts of the egg into the mix to get it evenly cooked.
7. Finish off with a pinch of salt on each of the eggs.
Recommendation – Eat with hot fresh bread!
Bon Appetit 😊!